Premier Residences Hollywood, Florida
Building: Assisted living facility owned and operated by Five Star Senior Living consisting of (3) three / four story residential wings plus (1) one story administration and amenities wing. Structure is steel reinforced concrete with post-tensioned concrete slabs at the elevated 2nd through 4th Floors.
Before: weathered paint, delaminated stucco, mildew stained balcony edges and corroded screen enclosures.
After: cleaned and painted exterior with added decorative trim, new railings windows and sliding glass doors.
Deteriorated balconies resulting from reinforcing steel corrosion displayed spalling of the concrete and compromised post-tension cables at the grouted live end stressing pockets. Damage continued back into unit interiors under sliding glass door sill tracks and balcony decks retained standing water due to lack of positive slope and obstruction from tight screen enclosure frames.
Unsound concrete chipped out and poured back with aggregate extended mortar; damaged cables cut out and spliced with new galvanized cast anchors and encapsulated strand ends; decks profiled with sloped overlay; windows and sliding glass doors replaced with new impact resistant components; old screen enclosures replaced with new decorative railings having clearance below for positive drainage.
• (300) Post-tension cable splices with temporary lockouts and new galvanized cast anchors.
• (2,000) grout pockets excavated, trimmed, blast cleaned and encapsulated prior to packing.
• (1,000) Square Feet slab surface repair & (300) cubic feet miscellaneous formed repair.
• (15,000) Square Feet repair of hollow sounding delaminated stucco.
• (23,500) Square Feet of deck sloping with low modulus epoxy mortar and fluid applied waterproof membrane with pedestrian bearing topcoat.
• Approximate Cost: $7.3 million