Gholson Road Bridge / Big McAdoo Creek Montgomery County, Tennessee
TRC Worldwide Engineering, Inc. has recently completed design and construction management for this two-span, 195' long pre-stressed spread box beam bridge in Montgomery County, Tennessee. This project is funded under the TDOT Bridge Grant Replacement Program and all design and construction engineering inspection were in accordance with TDOT guidelines. TRC staff members have experience on several similar projects over the course of 23 years and we maintain a close working relationship with TDOT staff.
Design Services provided to the County relating to this project include:
- Prepared environmental permit documents including ARAP permit submittal document.
Post Design services included:
- Site survey and mapping.
- Utilization of HEC-RAS software to size bridge opening and length in accordance with TDOT policy.
- Scour analysis.
- Structural design of bridge components.
- Approach roadway alignment and design.
- Assistance with property mapping and R.O.W. acquisition.
- Preparation of Project Specifications Manual for the County.
- Advertisements for bidders.
- Accepting and reviewing bids on behalf of the County.
- Preparation of bid tabulations and supporting documentation for use by the TDOT State Aid Office in developing State-County agreement under the Bridge Grant Program.
- Provide construction stake-out for contractor use during construction.
- Provide construction observation and inspection services (CEI).
- Track quantities and review contractor invoices for payment.
- Provide construction materials and inspection documentation to the client and TDOT.
- Complete final project inspection and documentation.
|Project Reference / Contact:
Mr. Mike Frost – County Highway Supervisor
Montgomery County Highway Department
Construction Cost: $700,000
A/E Fee: $90,000
Construction Dates: Completed Summer 2012